All content in this blog, both written and photographic, is ©2013 Laurie Frazer and Turkeybutts, Monkeys, and Crabbies , OH MY! I invite you to share or publish links to anything here. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this content without express and written permission from Laurie Frazer is strictly prohibited.
- Cat and kitten photos (11)
- Cat food – feeding strategies – weight management (3)
- Cat intros and stories (5)
- Cat-related philosophies and reflections (2)
- Chronic renal failure (CRF)/chronic kidney disease (CKD) (1)
- Hyperthyroidism (hyperT) (1)
- Kitty caretaking (3)
- Lessons that cats have taught me (1)
- Mostly about me (3)
- Veterinary and cat health concerns (7)
Most Popular Posts
- Respecting One's Elders
- Cat Burglars - Preventing Felines from Stealing Each Other's Meals
- A Cat by Any Other Name ...
- Shadowood's Feline Fat Farm - A Weight Loss Program for Cats
- A Brief Timeline of Feline Arrivals at Shadowood
- Windows to the Soul
- Introduction and Welcome!
- The Parade Goes On ...
- Switching gears (My life as Cat Mommy-Nurse)
- Veterinary Realities and Pet Owner Responsibilities
Tag Archives: Shadowood
As I explained in my blog entry, Free-feeding vs. Portioned Meals for Cats, I used to live with a houseful of feline fatties. This was the outcome of decades of free feeding high-carb kibble diets to my cats. This cheap and lazy … Continue reading
Tommy has always been a warrior. OK, perhaps not when she was a young kitten, but as soon as she reached adulthood, she had to fight for her life and for the lives of her sister and their respective young … Continue reading
I think that perhaps a bit of clarification may be helpful for those of you wondering how so many felines have ended up here at Shadowood. Allow me to explain, or at least to speculate as best I can. I … Continue reading
Continuing with the kitty parade, 2005 brought an influx of new 4-legged family members. First there were The Three Mouseketeers – Footsie, Feather, and Phantom – who showed up on the farm around the same time. Because of the timing … Continue reading